Experience a true classic by checking out the 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring. This model has been revered since its debut in 1966, consistently winning awards and appearing on covers of magazines throughout its lifespan. The curves of this American muscle car embody the timeless style that accompanied cars from years gone past. Today, vintage car enthusiasts are presented with a unique opportunity to take advantage of modern advances in technology, engineering and components to bring this classic vehicle up-to-date while preserving its original exterior beauty.
With advancements such as manual rack conversion kit packages and LS engine swaps available for customization, there’s no better time than now for those who wish to own their dream machine. Read on for more information about all the ways you can get your hands on an impressive Pro Touring 1967 Chevy Nova SS!
Table of Contents
What Is The 1967 Chevrolet Nova Ss Pro Touring?
The 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring is a modified version of the Chevrolet Nova SS, a compact car produced by Chevrolet in the late 1960s. The term “Pro Touring” refers to a style of modification that combines classic aesthetics with modern performance and handling capabilities.
The 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring typically features the following enhancements:
– Engine: The original engine is often replaced or upgraded with a high-performance powerplant. Popular engine choices include modern fuel-injected V8 engines, such as the LS series or LT series engines, known for their power and reliability.
– Transmission: The stock transmission is often replaced with a modern manual or automatic transmission, known for their improved gear ratios and better efficiency.
– Suspension: The suspension system is usually upgraded to improve handling and ride quality. This can include the installation of modern coilover suspension, upgraded sway bars, and adjustable shocks for better control and responsiveness.
– Brakes: The original drum brakes are often replaced with disc brakes on all four wheels, providing improved stopping power and better heat dissipation.
– Wheels and Tires: The Nova SS Pro Touring typically features larger aftermarket wheels with modern designs and wider tires for improved grip and a more aggressive stance.
– Interior: The interior of the Nova SS Pro Touring may undergo modernization with upgraded seats, a new dashboard layout, and modern amenities such as air conditioning, power windows, and an updated audio system.
– Exterior Styling: The exterior may retain the classic design cues of the original Nova SS, but with custom touches such as a lowered stance, modern LED lighting, and updated paintwork. Some Pro Touring builds may also include functional aerodynamic enhancements and subtle body modifications.
The goal of a 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring build is to create a classic car that retains its iconic appearance while offering modern performance, comfort, and handling capabilities. These modifications allow the Nova SS Pro Touring to deliver a blend of classic style and contemporary driving dynamics, making it a popular choice among car enthusiasts who appreciate both the nostalgia of the original model and the advancements of modern automotive technology.
How Did The 1967 Chevrolet Nova Ss Pro Touring Come About?
The emergence of the 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring can be attributed to the evolution of car customization and the desire among enthusiasts to combine classic aesthetics with modern performance. The Pro Touring movement gained popularity in the late 1980s and early 1990s when car enthusiasts began modifying their vintage muscle cars to improve their performance, handling, and overall driving experience.
The 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS, with its compact size and lightweight body, became a popular choice for customization. Enthusiasts saw the potential to enhance its already sporty nature by incorporating modern technologies and components.
The concept behind the 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring was to preserve the timeless design of the original car while integrating advanced mechanical and technological upgrades. These upgrades included modern engines, improved suspension systems, upgraded brakes, and other performance enhancements.
Car enthusiasts and aftermarket companies started offering specialized parts and components specifically tailored for Pro Touring builds. This allowed owners to easily access the necessary components and expertise to transform their Nova SS into a high-performance Pro Touring machine.
The Pro Touring movement appealed to individuals who desired a classic car with the driving dynamics and reliability of a modern sports car. The combination of vintage charm, enhanced performance, improved handling, and modern amenities attracted a wide range of enthusiasts looking to enjoy the best of both worlds.
As the popularity of Pro Touring builds grew, the 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS became a popular platform for customization. The Pro Touring trend continues to evolve, with enthusiasts pushing the boundaries of what is possible in terms of performance and technology while still preserving the classic appeal of these iconic cars.
What Are The Specifications Of The 1967 Chevrolet Nova Ss Pro Touring?
The specifications of a 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring can vary depending on the specific modifications and components chosen for the build. However, here are some general specifications that are often seen in a typical 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring:
– Engine: The original engine is often replaced with a high-performance modern powerplant, such as an LS-series or LT-series V8 engine. These engines can range in size and power output, depending on the specific build. Common choices include engines like the LS3, LS7, or LT1, known for their reliability and performance.
– Transmission: The stock transmission is often upgraded to a modern manual or automatic transmission, providing improved gear ratios, smoother shifting, and increased durability.
– Suspension: The suspension system is typically upgraded with modern components to improve handling and ride quality. This can include the installation of coilover suspension, upgraded sway bars, tubular control arms, and adjustable shocks for enhanced control and responsiveness.
– Brakes: The original drum brakes are commonly replaced with modern disc brakes on all four wheels. This upgrade provides improved stopping power, better modulation, and increased heat dissipation for more reliable performance.
– Wheels and Tires: Pro Touring builds often feature larger aftermarket wheels with modern designs, ranging from 17 to 20 inches in diameter. These wheels are paired with high-performance tires, offering increased grip and improved handling characteristics.
– Interior: The interior can be customized to blend classic styling with modern comfort and convenience. Upgrades may include modern seats, a revised dashboard layout, updated gauges, air conditioning, power windows, a modern audio system, and other modern amenities.
– Exterior Styling: The exterior of a 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring build may retain the classic appearance, with potential modifications like a lowered stance, custom paintwork, updated lighting with LEDs, and subtle body modifications for improved aerodynamics.
It’s important to note that the specifications of a Pro Touring build can vary significantly depending on individual preferences, budget, and the extent of the modifications undertaken. The above specifications provide a general idea of what is commonly seen in a 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring, but it’s always best to consult with the builder or refer to specific build details for precise information.
How Do I Maintain The 1967 Chevrolet Nova Ss Pro Touring?
To properly maintain a 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring, here are some general guidelines to follow:
– Regular Inspections: Perform regular inspections of the vehicle to check for any signs of wear, damage, or fluid leaks. Pay close attention to the engine, suspension components, brakes, and tires. Inspect the body and paintwork for any signs of corrosion or damage.
– Fluid Checks and Changes: Regularly check and maintain the levels of engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant, brake fluid, and power steering fluid. Follow the manufacturer’s recommended intervals for fluid changes and use the appropriate fluids for your specific build.
– Engine Maintenance: Maintain the engine by following a regular maintenance schedule. This includes regular oil and filter changes, spark plug replacements, and air filter replacements. Keep the engine bay clean and check for any loose or damaged components.
– Cooling System: Ensure that the cooling system is functioning properly. Regularly check the coolant level, inspect hoses for cracks or leaks, and maintain the radiator’s cleanliness. Consider flushing and replacing the coolant as recommended by the manufacturer.
– Brake Maintenance: Keep the brakes in good condition by checking the brake pads, rotors, and calipers for wear. Regularly inspect brake lines for leaks or damage. Follow the recommended interval for brake fluid changes and bleed the brake system if necessary.
– Suspension and Steering: Maintain the suspension and steering components by inspecting them for any signs of wear, such as worn bushings or leaking shocks. Keep the components properly lubricated and address any issues promptly to ensure optimal handling and safety.
– Tire Care: Regularly check the tire pressure, including the spare tire, and ensure they are inflated to the manufacturer’s recommended levels. Inspect the tires for any signs of damage or uneven wear. Rotate the tires at the recommended intervals.
– Electrical System: Keep the electrical system in good condition by checking the battery, wiring, and connections for any issues. Clean and protect the battery terminals from corrosion.
– Interior and Exterior Care: Keep the interior clean and protected from UV damage. Regularly clean and condition the seats, dashboard, and other interior surfaces. Protect the exterior by washing the car regularly, applying wax or sealant to the paint, and addressing any paint chips or scratches promptly.
– Consult the Owner’s Manual: Refer to the specific owner’s manual for your 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring for detailed maintenance recommendations and schedules. It provides important information specific to your vehicle and can guide you in maintaining its optimal condition.
Additionally, it’s beneficial to consult with a trusted mechanic or specialist familiar with the specific components and modifications of your Pro Touring build. They can provide expert advice and assistance in properly maintaining your vehicle.
What Are Some Tips For Using The 1967 Chevrolet Nova Ss Pro Touring?
Here are some tips for using a 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring:
– Familiarize Yourself: Take the time to become familiar with the specific features, controls, and handling characteristics of your Nova SS Pro Touring. Understand its power delivery, braking capabilities, and any unique modifications or upgrades that have been made.
– Start Slowly: If you’re new to driving a high-performance vehicle, start slowly and gradually get accustomed to its power and handling. Give yourself time to adapt to the car’s responsiveness and the enhanced performance it offers.
– Be Mindful of Power: The Pro Touring build may have a powerful engine, so exercise caution and be mindful of the throttle response. Avoid sudden and aggressive acceleration until you’re comfortable with the car’s power output.
– Brake Responsibly: With upgraded brakes, the stopping power may be more potent than what you’re used to. Get familiar with the brake pedal’s feel and modulation. Brake responsibly and leave ample space between you and other vehicles.
– Handling Characteristics: Pro Touring builds often have upgraded suspension components, providing improved handling. Take time to understand how the car responds to steering inputs, cornering, and weight transfer. Gradually explore its capabilities and push it within safe limits.
– Maintenance and Care: Follow a regular maintenance schedule to keep the car in optimal condition. This includes regular fluid checks, oil changes, and inspections of critical components. Address any issues promptly to ensure reliability and performance.
– Respect the Weather: Pay attention to weather conditions, especially if your Nova SS Pro Touring is equipped with high-performance tires. Performance tires may have reduced traction on wet or slippery surfaces. Adjust your driving style accordingly and exercise caution.
– Safety First: Always prioritize safety. Wear your seatbelt at all times, obey traffic laws, and drive responsibly. Remember that high-performance vehicles require attentive and focused driving. Be aware of your surroundings and anticipate potential hazards.
– Enjoy Responsibly: While it’s exciting to drive a Pro Touring car, remember to enjoy it responsibly and within legal limits. Seek out appropriate driving environments, such as racetracks or organized events, to fully experience the car’s capabilities in a controlled setting.
– Ongoing Learning: Continuously educate yourself about your car and its capabilities. Read the owner’s manual, join online forums or enthusiast groups, and engage with fellow owners to share experiences and gain insights.
By following these tips, you can maximize your enjoyment of the 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring while ensuring your safety and the longevity of the vehicle.
>>> You might also like:
FAQs About 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring
Here are some frequently asked questions about the 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring:
Is The 1967 Chevrolet Nova Ss A Suitable Base For A Pro Touring Build?
Yes, the 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS is a popular choice for a Pro Touring build due to its compact size, lightweight body, and sporty nature. Its relatively simple design makes it easier to modify and customize to meet modern performance standards.
What Are Common Engine Options For A 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring?
Common engine options include modern V8 engines from the GM LS-series or LT-series, such as the LS3, LS7, or LT1. These engines offer a good balance of power, reliability, and compatibility with aftermarket upgrades.
What Suspension Upgrades Are Typically Done In A Pro Touring Build?
Suspension upgrades may include the installation of coilover suspension, upgraded sway bars, tubular control arms, and adjustable shocks. These modifications improve handling, stability, and ride quality.
Are There Any Recommended Brake Upgrades For A Pro Touring Build?
Upgrading the brakes to modern disc brakes on all four wheels is a common enhancement in Pro Touring builds. This provides improved stopping power, better modulation, and increased heat dissipation.
Can The Interior Of A 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Be Modernized In A Pro Touring Build?
Yes, the interior can be customized to blend classic styling with modern comfort and convenience. Upgrades may include modern seats, updated dashboard layout, updated gauges, air conditioning, power windows, and a modern audio system.
How Does A Pro Touring Build Affect The Value Of A 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS?
The value of a Pro Touring build is subjective and can vary. While some enthusiasts appreciate the enhanced performance and modern features, others prefer a more original restoration. The value of the vehicle will depend on factors such as the quality of the modifications, the overall condition of the car, and market demand.
Are There Any Specific Driving Considerations For A 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring?
Due to the enhanced performance and handling, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the car’s characteristics before pushing it to its limits. Start slowly, be mindful of the power and braking capabilities, and adjust your driving style accordingly. Always prioritize safety and responsible driving.
>>> See more: 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring ScottieDTV You Can’t Cancel Cool Road Tour 2020
In summary, the 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring is a car worth marveling and researching. From its sleek design, to its incredible engine power under the hood, it is an automotive treat that any car enthusiast would jump at the opportunity to explore further. The impact of this muscle car in automotive performance is remarkable and can be felt to this day in today’s customized vehicles that you see on modern racetracks.
Despite its difficulties to find parts or knowledgeable experts, if you were lucky enough to come across an auction for one of these cars, it would certainly be an investment you wouldn’t regret making. For those ready to experience the history and power within this classic vehicle, unraveling the 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS Pro Touring could be a thrilling and rewarding endeavor.
Welcome to the Cafetoscanarestaurant blog! Here we’ll be sharing all the latest news and information about our restaurant, as well as tips and advice on how to make the most of your dining experience. We hope you’ll enjoy following us and thanks for stopping by!