KitchenAid Meat Grinder Vs Regular Grinder
A meat grinder is not a common device in the home kitchen. However, if you want to refine your cooking process, ensure the quality of your food, or become a more professional home cook, a meat grinder is a great investment. This machine allows you to grind your meat, which gives you full control over your food.
However, it can be hard to choose your first meat grinder. You may be bombarded with questions like which grinders suit your everyday needs and your preference better.
2 popular options for home kitchens are a KitchenAid meat grinder vs regular grinder. In this article, we will compare these two grinders to help you decide which one is more suitable for you and your kitchen.
This grinder is an attachment for KitchenAid stand mixer – a popular item among home kitchens that allows users to conveniently beat eggs, mix any batters and knead bread dough.
When the food grinder is attached to the stand mixer, the grinder will run by the power of the mixer, allowing you to grind meat, vegetables, fruits, or just any kind of food.
The attaching grinder can be made of plastic or metal. It comes with grinding plates in different sizes for grinding different kinds of food, stuffer tubes for making sausage, a cleaning brush, and a food pusher. You can use the fine plate to grind meat and bread and the coarse plate to grind firm fruit and vegetables.
- This meat grinder is more versatile than the traditional one, for it can grind any kind of meat and allow you to make homemade sausage easily.
- It can grind a larger amount of meat and even hard material like chicken bones.
- It is simple to use this attachment. All you have to do is to choose the grinding plate according to the food you want to grind, attach it, and start your grinding.
- It extends the functions of your KitchenAid stand mixer and does not take up much space in your kitchen.
- It is also easy to clean this grinder. It is dishwasher safe and you would have no problems cleaning it by hand if you make sure to remove all the visible debris remaining in the grinder after use.
- The KitchenAid grinder has smaller blades than the regular grinder.
- The metal grinder is more durable and effective than the plastic one, yet, it costs much more (around $40 more) than its plastic equivalent.
- If you grind at a fast speed, the fat will be emulsified and the result will be not as good.
- If you don’t own a KitchenAid stand mixer, you cannot use this attachment.
This machine specialized in grinding meat and is a standalone grinder. Usually, it is either a manual grinder or an electric grinder.
The working mechanism of this machine is simple. When we put meat into the funnel on the top of the grinder, it will go into a horizontal conveyor. This conveyor is powered either by our hand power (in the manual grinder) or an electric motor (in the electric grinder). The conveyor will mix the ingredients you put into the grinder and cut them with a sharp cutting knife.
- The standalone meat grinder has longer blades compared to the KitchenAid attachment, which allows users to grinder more meat in a shorter time.
- It works better with tougher meat.
- Both manual and electric meat grinders are easy to use.
- It is easy to clean a manual meat grinder.
- Compared to the KitchenAid attachment, the electric regular grinder can be more expensive.
- It is also tricky to clean the electric grinder since you have to be careful with all its built-in motors.
- The electric grinder can produce a lot of noise when working.
- Although the manual grinder is cheaper and easier to clean, it requires a lot of strength if you grind hard meat or a large volume of meat.
Here is a video comparing the manual grinder with its electric counterpart for your further information:
Is the KitchenAid meat grinder worth it?
If you are looking for an affordable grinder and already own a KitchenAid stand mixer, the KitchenAid grinder attachment is much cheaper than a standalone grinder. It is also easy to use and simple to clean. It also gives you control over the quality and the safety of your food (the main selling point of a meat grinder).
Although it is not efficient when it comes to a large volume of meat, it is still perfect for everyday use as in addition to meat, it can grind any type of food you want.
Why are meat grinders so expensive?
The meat grinder is a more professional cooking device. Thus, it is designed to guarantee the quality, texture, and taste of your meat, which explains its high price. Yet, the price can be worthy if you want top-quality meat and seek to elevate your home-cooked meals to restaurant level.
What should I look for when buying an electric meat grinder?
You should check the motor of your meat grinder. Usually, the motor is between 350 to 700 watts. The higher the wattage, the more effective and powerful the grinder will be. Hence, you should consider your everyday needs and get a matching one. If you only grind smaller volumes of meat, a high-wattage motor will not be necessary.
Now you have had everything you need to know about the KitchenAid meat grinder and a regular grinder to decide which one is more suitable for you. Any meat grinders would make you a great home cook, so get your matching grinder and cook wonderful dishes with your meat at home.