Keurig Mini Vs Mini Plus: Which is the best Keurig coffee maker for you? If you’re a busy person who needs to get your daily cup of coffee but doesn’t have time or patience to wait in line at Starbucks, then this article might be just what you need. We’ll be comparing the Keurig Mini and the Mini Plus side by side, looking at their features and benefits (or lack thereof) and trying to determine which one will suit your needs better.
1. What Is Keurig Mini?
Keurig Mini is a model of single-serve coffee brewer produced by Keurig. It looks like the smaller version of the original K-Cup brewer and delivers quality beverages. If you love your coffee, this device will suit your needs even more. Keurig uses patented technology to offer over 200 varieties of the K-Cup pod. The standard model uses a 24 ounce reservoir, which can produce up to 10 cups before you need to refill it.
Compact Design – The machine itself measures 6 x 9 x 10 inches (H x W x D). It has a nice, polished look in black, red or white.
Ease Of Use – The Mini is very easy to use. Simply fill the reservoir with water, place your desired K-Cup into the holder and press start. With most other brewers on the market, you have to wait until the machine has finished brewing to remove the used pod, but not with this brewer. You can remove it while brewing is taking place or even afterwards – you don’t have to worry about burning yourself on hot water.
Brewing Options – The Mini has two different settings: regular and bold. Regular is for lighter-bodied coffee, while bold gives you a more robust cup. The brewer knows when it’s time to switch based on the water level in the tank.
Water Reservoir – Some brewers require you to refill the reservoir every time you want a cup of coffee, but not this one. You can brew up to four cups before having to add more water, thanks to its 70-ounce capacity. This is a great feature for people who are on the go or sleep late, since there’s no need to refill unless more than four cups are required.
Auto-Off – What good is a brewer if you forget to turn it off? This model has an auto-off feature that shuts down after two hours of non-use. No worries if you forget to shut it off, since it will go into standby mode if there’s no water in the reservoir.
Easy To Clean – One of the problems with most brewers is that they’re difficult to clean. Fortunately, cleaning the Mini couldn’t be easier. Simply remove the water tank (no tools required) and wash both parts by hand or in the dishwasher. The brewer’s drip tray is also dishwasher-safe, so there are no hard-to-reach nooks and crannies for food particles to collect.
The machine was designed with smaller households in mind – perfect for couples or small families of one or two people. This means it’s not the best option for people who entertain on a regular basis, since it only brews four cups at a time. The Mini has many of the same features as its big brother, including an auto-shutoff feature and easy cleaning, but there are some notable differences.
If you’ve been looking for the perfect gift for the coffee lover in your life – or you just want to treat yourself – the Keurig Mini is a good option to consider. It brews an excellent cup of coffee, is easy to use and clean, and takes up very little counter space. It doesn’t come with its own K-Cups like the larger model does, but it’s still a good investment for people who love the convenience of single serve brewers.
If you live alone or are on your own most of the time, the Keurig Mini is a great option for your caffeine needs. It’s compact and easy to use, but doesn’t take up much counter space. Like all Keurig brewers, you get the perfect cup of coffee every time thanks to its adjustable settings for regular and bold brews. You can even remove the used pod while brewing is still taking place, so it’s easy to clean up.
The Mini is a good option for small households – couples or singles – who don’t need to make more than four cups of coffee at once.
2. Pros and Cons Of Keurig Mini
2.1 Pros Of Keurig Mini
The first thing that jumps out about the mini Keurig is how portable it is – it’s really quite tiny compared to other machines making their way onto store shelves these days so perfect for those who often themselves working away from home. This can make it a great way of enjoying both your favorite hot beverages and the office, college or university.
– Uses K-Cups
The next thing to consider is that this coffee maker uses K-cups so you can enjoy an unrivalled variety of different types of coffee, tea and other hot drinks. This may well influence your decision to buy one because it’s worth bearing in mind that many retailers now offer free delivery if you spend over a certain amount.
– Fast Brewing Time
One big benefit with choosing Keurig is that its mini version has very fast heating times at just about 60 seconds, meaning you don’t have long to wait before getting your drink ready It also makes use of automatic shut-off so you don’t have to worry about your safety or wasting energy.
– Affordable Price
One of the reasons for the success of this type of coffee machine is because it’s affordable but still provides a great experience, and although its mini version is also lower in cost than many other similar products out there it doesn’t really compare to the overall price that people are willing to pay for these high quality machines, especially when they are on sale! This makes them an attractive option for those who aren’t looking to spend too much money on their new coffee maker.
– Comes with Different Sizes
Another thing worth mentioning here is that this small Keurig comes with three different cup which means you can choose your favorite, and they need to be pretty small in size for you because it’s only a one cup maker.
– Easy To Clean
Cleaning is another important consideration when choosing a new coffee machine, and although the mini Keurig does have some parts which could do with being cleaned from time to time it comes with an easy-to-clean design that makes this task relatively simple. It has been designed so that when you remove its filter your coffee grounds will also come out making the process even more straightforward.
– Sleek Design
One final benefit is that its sleek design means it looks great in any kitchen or office environment and won’t take up too much space or look out of place next to other appliances such as the microwave oven.
– Sleek Design
The final thing that is worth mentioning here is that its sleek design means it looks great in any kitchen or office environment and won’t take up too much space or look out of place next to other appliances such as the microwave oven.
2.2 Cons Of Keurig Mini
– It only comes in one color option: black. While this might not seem like a big deal at first glance, black appliances tend to blend together easily when placed against similar shades in kitchen spaces — especially ones that are all black like this one.
– The machine automatically heats up before it dispenses your coffee, which could cause burnt-tasting coffee if you do not wait for the brew cycle to complete. The brewer also only has one “ready” light that turns on when it is finished brewing — there are no audible or visible alerts for when the machine is still heating up. If you’re not standing right next to it, you might not know if your drink has already been brewed or needs a few more minutes. This process can take about a minute, so if you have something else to tend to while making your coffee or are just not paying attention, the automatic heating process could result in an unpleasant cup of coffee.
– It comes with a very small water reservoir. This means you need to keep refilling the machine after every two cups of coffee, which can be annoying.
– It only brews K-Cups and costs more than other single serve brewers that allow you use of your own coffee grounds .
– Though it does have a removable drip tray, this Keurig Mini model is not as easy to clean as some other brands since there are so many nooks and crannies where residue could settle over time.
3. Keurig Mini Plus
The Keurig Mini Plus is a mini version of the regular Keurig that has been designed to take up less counter-top space. The unit comes with a 48 oz reservoir and features a few other changes from the original system.
The water reservoir in this model holds less water than the original unit, but there is still more than enough capacity for a single person’s morning cup of coffee or an office break room in between refills. The biggest difference, however, is that it allows you to choose your own sized cup rather than having only one option like its predecessor does. This model also works slightly differently when you want to add water; instead of opening the top flap and using the control panel, you simply press down on the reservoir lid. This design is intended to make it easier for you to see how much water the reservoir holds.
Features Of Keurig Mini Plus
The Keurig Mini Plus is the newest model of k-cup brewers to fit under your cabinets. It’s sleek design and ability to brew one cup at a time, with 4 different temperature settings is impressive. Many people are looking for this brewer because they live in tight spaces or just want an easier way to enjoy gourmet coffee. However, there are several features you need to be aware of before purchasing the Mini Plus Brewer.
– The water reservoir on the mini is very small – about 8 oz.(236 ml). This means that every time you turn the machine on, it will have to heat up 8 oz of cold water. This can be a long process. In addition, you cannot use your own water from the sink because it will cause the machine to leak and could damage the machine. Luckily there is a workaround: If you place a mug directly under the brewer and press “Brew” instead of “Auto”, it will allow for more water into the K-cup before brewing. However, if this is not enough we recommend buying an additional reservoir which can be purchased as an accessory on Amazon .
– The Mini Plus does not have a reusable filter like its big brother (the Mini). There is no option to brew with only grounds or buy unpackaged coffee. We highly recommend purchasing your favorite brand of freshly roasted single-origin ground coffee in small 10 oz. quantities for this machine.
– There are only 2 cup sizes, not 3 like the other models. You can choose between 6 oz or 8 oz. This is disappointing because you will have to buy K-cups for your Mini Plus even if you want a strong 4 oz espresso.
– The Mini Plus does NOT have an adjustable temperature setting, but has 4 preset temperatures instead which are shown by red lights on the front of the machine that light up when selected: “Extra Hot” (192 degrees Fahrenheit), “Hot” (176 degrees Fahrenheit), “Medium” (160 degrees Fahrenheit), and “Low” (140 degrees Fahrenheit).
– If you are looking to save money on K-Cups, either by buying unpackaged coffee or buying your favorite brand in large quantities, this machine is NOT right for you. The Mini Plus brewer only brews K-Cups and not any other kind of single serve ground coffee.
4. Keurig Mini Vs Mini Plus: The Differences
The Mini is basically the same machine as the Mini Plus. The only difference in terms of design is that it does not have a blue light on top. It also comes with one less water filter and no storage chamber for K-Cups. Otherwise, they are virtually identical machines. However, there are a few other differences between these two models:
– If your household uses both regular and bold coffee – for instance, you prefer French roast while your spouse likes to mix in a little hazelnut or vanilla – then the Mini Plus is probably the better choice because of its ability to brew size options from 6 to 10 ounces. In comparison, you can make up to 12 ounces with the Keurig Mini.
– The Mini Plus allows you to use your own coffee in the My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter while the Keurig Mini does not have this option. This means that on some models, it may make sense to spend a little more for programmable features or other enhancements. For example, the Elite Brewer comes with an Auto Off feature, an adjustable temperature control and a digital clock – extras that are absent from both of these machines. But if you only drink regular coffee and don’t plan on using your machine every day or two then get one of these two instead. However, if having these extra features is important to you then consider spending the extra money for either the Elite or another model entirely because there are a lot better options out there.
– If you have a large family or entertain guests often, the Keurig Mini Plus will definitely come in handy because it can brew three sizes: 6, 8 and 10 ounces. In comparison, the Keurig Mini can only make six and eight ounce cups of coffee. You can still use this machine if you want to serve more than two people at once – just place a mug under each spout for simultaneous brewing.
– The water reservoir on the Mini Plus is also larger at 48 ounces compared to 40 ounces found on the other model. This means that you won’t need to keep refilling it as frequently but it doesn’t really affect its performance..
– Another difference is the temperature control. On the Mini, it has three settings: off, low and high. When you turn it on, it heats your water to 187 degrees Fahrenheit which is the optimal brewing temperature for most coffee makers. In comparison, the Mini Plus can go as high as 192 degrees Fahrenheit which will allow the machine to brew a slightly bolder cup of coffee or if you need hotter water for other types of drinks such as hot cocoa or tea – just be sure to use a thermometer because this isn’t always ideal.
– The third difference is that some users have reported issues with the Mini Plus having a stronger plastic taste than its predecessor..
– The last difference is aesthetic. It comes in five different colors: black, green, red, platinum and white. Compare that to the Mini’s four color choices: black, red, purple and slate. As usual, personal preference will likely make the decision for you because there isn’t a huge difference between these options..
All in all, as you can see from this list – both models are pretty similar except for a few minor differences such as size options and temperature control. In fact, they’re so close that it may not even matter which one you choose if aesthetics aren’t important to you or if finding a coupon online is going to give you better value for your money. For those who want an opinionated answer however – we will simply say go with what’s available at a lower price point without sacrificing too many features and you can’t go wrong.
5. The Ultimate Guide To Keurig Coffee Maker
Drip coffee makers come in all shapes and sizes which means there is something perfect for everyone’s needs and preferences. Whether you are looking to spend $20 or $200 on this type of appliance, the market offers a wide range of drip coffee makers that will definitely meet your expectations.
Well, Keurig coffee brewers are considered some of the best models you can find nowadays because they offer high quality services while requiring very little maintenance. Some people even tend to get multiple machines so their guests can enjoy good quality beverages just like at their favorite coffee shop.
You should also consider the amount of time it takes to make one cup before choosing any specific model since not all keurig brewers require the same amount of time for preparing hot beverages. One unit might brew in less than 60 seconds while other take more than 3 minutes depending on how powerful and efficient they are designed.
If you are not familiar with Keurig brewers, let us give you a few tips and pieces of advice to make your buying process easier. For example, most models come with an on/off indicator light that blinks while the coffee maker is busy making one cup of tasty java. The main difference between these coffee makers is their size and water reservoir capacity as some of them can only be used for serving one person at a time while others can provide up to 10 cups before needing more water or another pod.
Keurigs vary in terms of features and technical specifications which means you need all this information written down before starting any actual shopping activity because it will allow you to quickly eliminate units that do not meet your expectations. Some models are equipped with programmable buttons that allow you to set the machine to prepare hot beverages when you need them most. You can also find pods designed especially for tea, cocoa, and other delicious drinks.
There are plenty of reasons why purchasing a Keurig coffee brewer might be just what you need in order to get your day started or even if you simply want an afternoon snack while watching your favorite TV show. Make sure you choose well-known brands like Keurig which offer durable appliances capable of brewing several cups before requiring more water or another pod.
If you are looking for good quality drip coffee makers but do not want to spend too much money on this type of appliance, then choosing one product out of our list might prove extremely beneficial since all models available in this price range are designed especially to meet the needs and preferences of a diverse group of customers. Most people choose drip coffee makers because they can quickly prepare several cups of hot or iced coffee without paying too much attention to their machines so these appliances work perfect for individuals who cannot wait too long before tasting some delicious coffee.
Finally, you need to remember that even the most expensive drip coffee makers do not require any rocket science knowledge to operate them properly which means there is no need to worry about making mistakes while preparing hot beverages just like more experienced users would do. Coffee lovers usually invest in these products because they allow them to easily get their favorite beverage at home without having to pay an arm and a leg for it.
6. Do You Want To Brew The Perfect Cup Of Coffee?
It is not surprising to notice how more and more people like drinking coffee all day long and especially in the morning when they need a quick dose of energy after an 8-hour sleep. If you want to make sure you always have a fresh cup on hand, investing in a good quality coffee maker might be just what you need as it will allow saving some money as well as time which can then be used on other activities such as reading or sports.
Permanent filters: One very important detail about buying coffee makers is the presence of permanent filters since these are much easier to keep clean than paper ones. It takes just several minutes to wash such filters and you never have to worry about forgetting them somewhere because they can always be stored in a specific part inside your appliance.
Finally, cleaning and maintenance represent an important factor to consider if you want your drip coffee maker to function properly for a longer period of time so make sure you choose models with dishwasher safe parts that do not require extremely delicate elements in order for them to maintain their good quality after many uses.
7. Why Use A Drip Coffee Maker?
Other types of coffee makers do not allow you to have this much control over how your java will turn out one way or another because they use automatic settings that may not be suitable for every water type available in your area. In addition, single cup brewers are known for being more economical so you don’t have to worry about wasting a full pot each time you feel like having another cup. Finally, drip coffee makers are more versatile because they allow you to have tea or any other hot beverage that comes in k cups available for your enjoyment.
Mini Plus is the smallest model from this product line but it does not disappoint when it comes to speed and performance. In fact, many people resort to using this brewer at their office because of its good quality and stylish design which fits well with any type of furniture décor without requiring much space on top of your desk. If you want to make sure your employees will stay highly productive no matter what the circumstances may be, investing in a Keurig Mini Plus brewer is an excellent idea. You can even get one for yourself or for your friends who will appreciate it because it is very easy to use and maintain.
Overall, you should consider getting a brewer instead of going to coffee shops every time you feel like having an instant cup of coffee. Not only will you save money this way but also precious time that can be put into more productive tasks. Compared to other types of machines out there, Keurig Mini Plus looks quite attractive in terms of style and functionality which makes it the perfect choice for many people who enjoy drinking hot beverages on a regular basis and at different times throughout the day.
8. What Are The Things You Should Know Before Buying A Drip Coffee Maker?
The price: Different coffee makers come with different prices so if budget is not an issue, you can get any popular brand or design that will suit your needs. However, if you are on a very strict budget, you need to prioritize certain features like programmability and strength control after which you should narrow down the list of products that meet all your criteria before making any final decisions.
Cup size: Usually, drip coffee makers can brew up to 12 ounces automatically but if this is not enough for you, then it is better to opt for a model that allows programming your java in smaller cups.
Sealed carafe: Drip coffee makers with a removable carafe allow users to save energy because they do not have to keep the machine turned on while enjoying their cup of coffee every time. In addition, you can have your hot beverage ready in the carafe which will prevent spills.
Programmability: You should look for coffee makers that allow programming so you can have your drink at any time even when you are not at home. Additionally, programmable models come with automatic shut off features which are perfect if you are forgetful when it comes to turning off appliances after using them. Finally, thermal carafes or double walled mugs allow users to save their java hot whenever they want it without having to use a microwave oven every time just to heat up their favorite cup of coffee from last night.
Cleaning and maintenance: Some brewers require very little effort when it comes to cleaning while others need specific actions taken in order for them to maintain their good quality. For example, dishwasher proof parts are very convenient because you can use whatever detergent you want without having to worry about breaking fragile elements.
Brewing time: Even though most drip coffee makers come with an on/off indicator light that blinks while the machine is busy brewing, some models require more time than others for this process. If you have a very busy schedule, choose a model that does not take too long before it gets your java ready so you can drink it while driving or just getting out of bed in the morning.
As far as the features are concerned, there are many things to consider when buying a coffee maker so make sure you have all your personal written down before starting any research. After you pick the technical specifications that are most important for your needs, it will be much easier to narrow down the list of potential products before making any final decisions.
The Keurig Mini and the Mini Plus are great machines for those who want a single-serve coffee machine, but have limited space. The Keurig Mini is compact, so it fits well on a kitchen countertop or in an office pantry. However, if you need to brew more than one cup of coffee at a time, then the Keurig Mini Plus is perfect for you! It can brew up to four cups of coffee with just one pod!
If you’re looking for a personal brewing experience that’s quick and easy, then the Keurig Minis are exactly what you’ll need. They’re also very affordable; both models start at $89.99. You’ll need to make your decision based on what’s most important in terms of functionality and price point.