Breville is a company that specializes in coffee makers and other kitchen appliances, so it’s no surprise when you find out they make an excellent espresso machine. Breville has two different types of espresso machines: Breville Barista Pro Vs Express. They both look like great machines, but how do you know which one to get? This blog post will compare the two models to help you decide which one suits your needs best!
1. Breville Coffee Maker
The Breville Coffee Maker is a must have for any coffee lover who wants to wake up and smell the fresh brewed aroma of their favorite roasted beans.
The traditional way of brewing coffee was with a coffee pot. But not all pots are created equally and none of them were made to optimize the perfect cup every time you press the brew button. You can waste coffee using this old fashioned method, or burn it standing by the stove waiting for it to finish percolating through your traditional coffee maker. Also, things like rain, power outages and other unexpected circumstances won’t affect your morning routine as much as you would think. These can often lead to spilled coffees from accidental lifting from those flimsy carafes that usually come bundled with these traditional machines.
This is not to say that you won’t ever have problems with your Breville Coffee Maker, but its high quality parts and engineering are sure to impress even the most discriminating coffee aficionado, whether it’s for home or office use. You can do no wrong picking this machine up because of how easy it is to use and maintain. Its drip free carafe keeps messes caused by accidents at a minimum during your rushed morning routine. The brushed steel housing also adds an extra layer of sophistication to any desk or kitchen counter top it graces. You’ll notice quickly just how much time you will save using the Breville Coffee Maker over other machines when you don’t have to worry about switching out filters, dumping out old coffees, and most importantly no burnt coffee.
The best part of it is that you can get your hot cup of coffee just the way you like it every time without any hassle at all. The Breville Coffee Maker has a few different settings that can be changed to accommodate any type of coffee drinker. If you like your drinks hotter than normal, this machine can do so within a few seconds with its adjustable temperature settings for both water and steam! Don’t worry about having to wait too long before getting another delicious stainless steel travel mug full of piping hot Joe off this machine because it brews quickly and efficiently at an optimal brewing temperature!
You can also customize your favorite coffees by adjusting the strength ( quantity) on the Breville Coffee Maker. The amount of water used and the correct grind level can help you prepare your favorite coffee drinks with ease every morning, afternoon, or night.
As far as making cappuccinos and lattes goes, you can do so without even having to deal with any messy cleanup afterwards because the Breville Coffee Maker includes a milk frother attachment that gets rid of excess bubbles and steams milk to perfection in just a few minutes time! This is something that most other traditional coffee makers leave out and makes this machine all that much more attractive for those who enjoy indulging in these types of beverages.
If you’re still unconvinced about purchasing such an amazing product as the best commercial coffee maker by Breville , take note of its 1250 watt power, as well as its stainless steel design and removable parts for easy cleaning. This is the best commercial coffee maker by Breville.
Breville Coffee Maker – The Best Commercial Coffee Maker
You can pour your cup without having to worry about burnt fingers or spilled accidents with this machine because it has a cool touch wall on the carafe and exterior of its base. You may not realize just how dangerous some coffee makers can be until you’ve had to pull yours off the countertop after one too many times of bumping into it while reaching for something else. Make sure that you choose wisely when selecting your new coffee maker so that you don’t waste time and money replacing another defective appliance in just a few short months!
The Breville Coffee Maker is a great investment for coffee lovers everywhere. Its sleek stainless steel design and brushed exterior look great on any kitchen counter or college dorm room desk. The removable parts make it very easy to clean up after you’re finished preparing your favorite morning drink. Its high quality parts are sure to last for years, if not decades to come!
2. Pros And Cons Of Breville Coffee Maker
The Breville coffee maker is one of the most expensive coffee makers around, but it sure has some premium features.
– Stainless steel finish makes the unit look very sleek and good looking.
– Great design with a large water tank, nice handle for filling up and easy to use buttons. Makes great tasting espresso from both ESE pods or from ground beans. The steamer wand works well for frothing milk as well as heating/frothing for other beverages like cappuccino or latte drinks.
– Easy to clean – The drip tray slides out allowing you to simply dump used grinds into your trash can without having to remove the entire tray. The main compartment that holds the hot water is accessed by removing the water tank which is easy to do. The wand for steaming milk is easily removed by pressing a spring loaded release button, allowing you to rinse it out or replace with an included brush. Finally, the portafilter pops right off the unit with a quick turn of its handle, allowing you to run it under hot water without getting your hands near the hot espresso.
– Easy access to all removable parts – You can pop off any part of this machine clean or replace without much effort at all.
– ESE POD compatible – not only are there two separate spouts on the front of the machine one for ESE pods and one for ground coffee, but there are two separate tamping tools that come with it as well. One for ESE pods and one for regular coffee grounds.
– Aesthetically pleasing design – the stainless steel finish really makes this machine look sleek and after a week or two of getting used to seeing it on your counter, you may find yourself staring at it quite often because of its beauty.
– Price – While we didn’t list price as a pro or con, we realize that this unit is rather expensive and not everyone can afford it.
– No water level indicator…
– The noise – This unit can be loud at times with grinding beans and steaming milk, even though both those functions are controlled by timers that automatically shut off when finished. You’ll know it’s time to clean the unit when you hear a loud beeping noise, alerting you that it is overheating.
– Size – This unit is rather large and can take up quite a bit of counter space…
– Heating element – Some early models had defective heating elements that would burn out after about 1 year or less, but this seems to have been fixed in later models since buying this machine almost 3 years ago now.
This machine works well for making quality espresso drinks with its steaming wand, solid construction and ESE pod compatibility. If however you are looking for something more traditional like steamers instead of pods or perhaps just single serve automatic drip coffee machines instead of espresso machines, then I would suggest looking elsewhere.
3. Breville Barista Pro
Breville is a manufacturer of home appliances. The Breville Barista Pro is an espresso machine that comes with all the bells and whistles you would expect from anything of this quality. If you have ever had an issue making good espresso, then this product may be just the solution for you.
What Is It?
The Breville Barista Pro is a 1250-watt stainless steel Espresso Maker with Steam Wand designed to simplify your life in any kitchen. This espresso maker provides recipes, coffee grinders, tampers , steam wands, frothing pitchers , cups, saucers and much more so you can make latte’s , cappuccino ‘s and macchiato at home…just like the professionals . It also offers a precision steel conical burr grinder with macro adjust , 19-bar high-pressure pump and stainless steel boiler to make sure you have a quick, quiet and consistent way of making quality espresso in your own kitchen.
The Breville Barista Pro has a 15 bar high pressure pump that extracts more flavor from every bean while the stainless steel conical burr grinder grinds consistently for perfect results every time. The machine comes with two portafilters – one single, one double – so you can make espresso at home just like you would at any cafe .
You can choose between using ground coffee or beans with this espresso maker. You will find it easy to create latte art with the included Frothing Pitcher and steam wand. You also get a tamper and coffee scoop so you can make use of excellent espresso with this espresso maker.
What We Like About Breville Barista Pro:
The pros to this product include:
+ Makes great tasting gourmet coffee just like the professionals
+ Conical burr grinder – grinds enough beans for two or three cups at a time
+ Stainless steel construction makes it durable and easy to clean.
+ 19-bar high pressure pump extracts more flavor from every bean.
+ The steam wand removes milk residue from steamed milk easily, allowing you to create perfect froth each time.
+ Can choose between ground coffee and beans as choice for your espresso making . The cons to this product include:
What We Don’t Like About Breville Barista Pro:
+ Longer than normal lead time for shipment of goods – Product materials are not very friendly to the environment – Steamer sometimes makes loud noises.
Features Of Breville Barista Pro
While there are a number of ways you can modify your coffee order, at its heart there are four ingredients: Ground coffee, water, heat and time. The Breville Barista Pro is engineered to give you total control over these variables for an optimal cup of espresso or cappuccino every time. With features for temperature, grind size and dose volumes just right for all espresso styles including classic flat white – it’s sure to be your new favorite machine in the kitchen.
Features Of Breville Barista Pro
– Dual-wall filters that create turbulence when steeping so that more flavor is extracted from the ground coffee while the filter stays cool to touch.
– A wide range of programmable volume presets so each of your favorite drinks are at the touch of a button.
– Adjustable end-point grinding that allows you to control the length of time for which beans are ground so they’re always perfectly prepared.
– A heavy-duty, high torque motor that produces lower temperatures while maintaining even water pressure to reduce energy consumption. This extends the life of your machine and ensures optimal performance every day.
– An illuminated display with intuitive programmable buttons that let you precisely adjust temperature, dose volume, grind size and timing on demand. So whether you want an espresso or cappuccino, flat white or macchiato, you can be sure it’s just the way you like it every single time.
– A microprocessor that makes it easy to adjust the grinder settings, pre-infusion times and coffee temperatures while keeping all of your changes in memory. This means you’ll instantly recall your favorite settings for each drink with one touch of a button.
– A large capacity water tank with an extra wide opening so you can fill it quickly without making a mess or spilling any water.
– Pannarello wand that froths milk directly into the cup for perfectly textured hot drinks like flat white, cappuccino and macchiato every time. No more need to clean up after switching between using steam wand and pannarello wand.
– Removable 34 oz bean hopper and ground coffee container that gives you easy access to your beans for effortless refills.
– 60 oz removable water tank with markings for accurate refills and a light-weight design so it’s easy to move around the kitchen as needed.
– Cup warming plate ensures your cups stay warm after grinding or steaming your drink, so you can enjoy it right away.
– Compact 19 bar pump system that allows the machine to heat up quickly and produce steam pressure instantly for fast, quality results every time. It also reduces noise levels by more than 50%.
– Durable scratch resistant housing made from stainless steel and black plastic accents so this machine will last you many years in the kitchen without losing its style.
It is a semi-automatic espresso machine so it will have all those features as mentioned above plus other features I have forgotten to list down. It also has a steam pipe so if you want to froth the milk yourself, feel free to do so as well as use it as a heating element for your cappuccino and flat white if you prefer it warm instead of cold.
4. Breville Barista Express
The Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine is a fully automatic machine that can make multiple types of espresso drinks, including cappuccinos and lattes. It uses beans as the coffee source, crushing them to produce grounds for your drink. The unit features an external 64-ounce removable water tank with line markings where you can see how much water is available so you never run out during a brewing cycle.
The Machine includes a user interface with large buttons and knobs for controlling all functions: “On/Off”, “Steam” and “Richer”. There’s also a separate programmable push button used to select steaming or extracting shots. A backlit LCD display shows the status of the system at all time.
The unit features a powerful 15-bar Italian pump pressure system. Other notable features are the bypass doser, 3-hole steam tip for frothing/steaming and one-touch espresso system.
The Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine comes with full manufacturer’s warranty.
The best price of the product is $780 at Amazon.
Features Of Breville Express
The Breville BES870XL is an espresso machine with plenty of useful features. It’s a good coffee machine for beginners and experts alike. The machine has a wide range of features, from steam wand to foam enhancers, from grinder options to cup size settings. This article will briefly explore the many different functions offered by this model so you can see what it can do for you.
Breville BES870XL Best Features:
Steam Wand – Perhaps one of the best things about this coffee maker is that it comes with a built in Milk Frother . So while some other machines offer a frothing wand as an extra accessory purchase, this one already comes with one attached. It makes cappuccinos and lattes easier than ever to make, with several foam producing settings.
Grinder – The BES870XL comes with a built in stainless steel conical burr grinder . It has 15 grind levels and 3 programmable settings (including an extra fine grind for Turkish coffee). This allows you to dial in the perfect espresso every time. Add one of the many grinders or tampers available for this machine and really dial your grinds down tight for maximum flavor.
Pump Pressure: 19 Bar – To pump all that water through those grounds and into your cup, it is important to choose a high pressure pump machine . If you want crema on top of your espresso shots , look no further than the Breville B870XL. With 19 bars of pump pressure, you will enjoy the crema that only a high pressure machine can produce. The higher the pump pressure, the more expensive the machine. For those on a budget, look for something with 16 bars or more.
Steaming Wand – The included frothing wand is very versatile. It has 3 steam settings and 1 hot water setting . With these settings you are able to make any kind of coffee drink you would like. It also comes with 2 attachments : an Aeroccino Plus milk frother accessory, and a cappuccinatore . This allows it to be used as both a regular pressurized steam wand for making lattes and cappuccinos, but also as an open steam wand for heating up your milk without the foam.
Pre-Infusion – This is an important feature, included on high quality espresso machines . Pre-infusion mimics the process of “opening up” your coffee grounds before they are actually being pressed or tamped. By wetting dry grounds before hand, you are allowing them to expand and release gases that create crema during the extraction process. While this is an expensive feature, it pays off in better flavor profiles in your shot.
Cup Warming Plate – A cup warmer sounds simple enough, but consider that this typically means a surface that can both heat externally or internally warm your cups (or both). You want to make sure there’s no light or timer for this function (both mean you’ll be wasting electricity), and that it can accommodate a wide range of cup sizes. Plus, with the Breville BES870XL, you can actually control how warm your cups get , which is an added bonus.
Price – The price tag on this machine is pretty steep, but it’s well worth the investment if you want a reliable high quality espresso machine. In general, expect to pay more for higher pressure pumps . This one has 19 bars of pump pressure — some only have 16 bars or less. So if you want great crema on your shots and a versatile steam wand, be prepared to shell out a little bit more money than usual.
The Breville BES870XL allows for complete customization in drink selection. With its adjustable steaming wand, you can create cappuccinos , lattes , macchiatos , Americano s, hot water or steam based beverages with ease. And of course, this machine has 15 different grind settings . This allows you to make anything from espresso shots to Turkish coffee.
5. The differences between Breville Barista Pro Vs Express
The Breville Barista Express and Barista Pro are two of the most popular espresso machines at the moment, but they also happened to be some of the most frequently asked about models by our customers. So we’ve put together a quick comparison of both these machines to help you decide which one might suit your needs best!
Both these models come from Breville’s “BARISTA” range – after all, it is called ‘Barista’ Express and ‘Barista’ Pro. But this is where many of their similarities end. While both feature a built-in coffee grinder and will brew directly into your cup or into an included glass carafe (which can then be placed onto its hot plate for serving), that’s where the similarities end.
The main difference between these two machines is that the Barista Express has a 15-bar pump, whereas the Pro features a 19-bar pump for extracting just that little bit more flavour from your beans – something true coffee lovers will appreciate! The higher pressure means it can also do much finer grinds much easier than the Express. Another way this shows itself is in its commercial style group head. As an added bonus , it also comes with two pressurized baskets so you can use either ESE pods or ground coffee depending on your preference .
Another key point of difference is their size. With dimensions of 14″x10″x11″, the Pro definitely takes up more bench space than the Express, which measures 12.5″x8.75″x10″.
The Pro also features a built-in tamper and is compatible with tampers from both the Barista Pro and Barista Express range, so there’s no need to invest in another one if you already have it. This also means you can use your existing portafilters as well as those from Vario, Oracle Touch and XL models.
The last difference we’ll mention, but definitely not least important is that the Pro offers 2 steam arms – one at the top for frothing/foaming milk and another at the side which can be used to clean out your portafilter before moving onto your next shot! This allows you to quickly carry out maintenance between shots, while still producing an excellent quality shot every time.
With all this in mind, if you’re looking for a powerful machine with commercial grade components and interchangeable portafilters which is suitable for everyone from beginners to experts – go for the Barista Express! Otherwise, you might be better off with the Barista Pro (though keep in mind that it does cost roughly $100 more). And of course, feel free to contact us should you want any further advice about these two popular espresso machines!
6. Is the Barista Pro better than the Barista Express
The Barista Pro is better than the Barista Express because its thermal block makes it easier to keep your coffee hotter for longer. The thermal block, which keeps the water at near boiling temperatures, also helps make a more consistent shot of espresso and removes the need for a secondary heat source.
Also the Barista Pro’s new PID controller allows you to switch between PID control and manual mode with a simple turn of a knob. With this feature you can experiment with any type of bean you want and find what tastes best. Other features include an easy access portafilter holder, larger capacity boiler, new commercial style pressure gauge, no-burn steam wand, and improved E61 group head that faster heat up time. It also has a professional single, double, or triple spout portafilter for an even more authentic shot.
The Barista Pro is better than the Barista Express because it makes it easier to make coffee with ease and consistency. This allows you to save both time and money as opposed to having multiple people working behind the bar at all times. The ease of use also provides new opportunities for growth allowing your young business to expand its brand throughout your community which will increase revenue in the long run.
The Breville Barista Pro and the Express espresso machines are both excellent options for those who want to make a great espresso shot at home. With their differences in price, features, and usability it may be difficult to decide which one is right for you. We hope our comparison helped clarify what sets these two machines apart from each other so that you can make an informed decision about which machine will work best for your needs. If you’re still not sure or have any questions about either of these models feel free to contact us!